I read an article about the Dead´s Day that is celebrated every year in Mexico. This celebration is in the same day of the catholic celebration, All Saint´s Day, in November 2nd.
At the beginning, this was a festival that was commemorated in the ninth month of the Mexican calendar. These parties were directed by a goddess called Mictecacíhuatl known as "The Lady of the dead".
Mexicans have a lot of rituals and symbolisms around of this day, to venerate it, honor it and also to scary about it.
I think that this celebration is very interesting but I prefer to celebrate All Saint´s Day because its more important and more respectful for relatives that have died.
Hi Gaby!
ResponderEliminarThanks for the information. I know that a lot of people associate Day of the Dead (what it's usually called in English, not Dead's Day) with Mexico, but I had just assumed it was another name for All Saints' Day. Perhaps I was confused!
See you tomorrow,
Ryan
Oh, and cool picture, by the way!
ResponderEliminar